Whether it is an unreported foreign account, an audit, collection action or criminal investigation, we can help. Mahany & Ertl began as a full service tax firm and we haven’t forgotten our roots.
In addition to all the traditional tax services, we are one of the few firms that concentrate in offshore and foreign reporting. The CPAmerica organization of accounting firms has named us as one of their preferred legal service providers meaning we are the “go to” lawyers when the professionals need help with thorny offshore reporting issues. Our lawyers teach other lawyers and CPAs and have written dozens of articles on wide range of related topics including FBAR filing requirements, the new FATCA law, foreign gift reporting and foreign corporations and partnerships.
View our complementary presentation on FBAR Penalties:
Some of the tax services we offer include:
- Defending against IRS and state audits
- Bringing taxpayers with unreported offshore accounts into compliance
- Protecting your liberty in an IRS criminal investigation
- Securing relief from penalty assessments
- Reducing tax debts through IRS appeals and Tax Court
- Reducing tax debts through offers in compromise
- Securing releases of levies and tax liens
- Reducing tax debt through tax planning
- Succession planning for closely held businesses
- Innocent and injured spouse claims
- Recovering your monies from bogus 419 & 412 plans and abusive tax shelters
- Securing IRS fraud losses
The reason we can make such a difference is the depth of our team. We have recruited the brightest lawyers from both government service and the financial community. No one has the expertise that we offer – CPAs, lawyers with advanced LLM Tax degrees, former tax prosecutors and even a former state revenue commissioner. That’s experience and knowledge available to you anytime you need it.
What can a tax attorney do for you?
Partner Brian Mahany has earned a perfect 10.0 rating from AVVO indicating his level of training, experience, client satisfaction and peer review.