Uber Driver & Advocate Lorri Trosper Filed a Class Action Suit to Recover Your Unpaid Tips & Other Damages
If you drive for Uber (or did) you might be entitled to compensation – We want to hear from you!
Our Lawsuit: Uber Stole Driver Tips & is Blocking Drivers’ Legal Rights
Uber’s legal crisis continues with our national class action lawsuit filed Sunday May 1 by Uber driver activist Lorri Trosper seeking compensation for hundreds of thousands of drivers nationwide.
The lawsuit exposes Uber’s:
- Not paying to drivers tips auto-collected from passengers under their rider agreement; and
- Avoiding drivers’ federal and state rights, benefits, and protections by illegally classifying drivers as independent contractors to avoid employee protections.
The Trosper & All Uber Drivers vs Uber, Inc. & Kalanick Lawsuit:
- Filed on behalf of drivers nationwide by former Uber driver and nationwide driver advocate Lorri Trosper;
- Attorney Brian Mahany is the lawyer who tagged Bank of America for the largest single defendant settlement in history at $16.65 billion and other wins against powerful corporations; (not a spelling error)
- United States Federal District Court for Northern District of Illinois to include Uber drivers in New York, New Jersey, Texas, Florida, Illinois, and all U.S. states.
Why a Class Action Lawsuit – It Empowers Individual Drivers
Uber Inc. is a multi-billion dollar corporation with unlimited money while the individual drivers responsible for Uber’s success are real people working to support their families.
Most people believe that when a mega corporation imposes unfair policies, engages in illegal activities that financially harm their workers, and otherwise ignores employees’ rights – there is nothing that can be done.
You can’t fight an international company with hundreds of lawyers charged with eliminating any barrier to more profits – or can you? Yes you can fight back!
Uber drivers CAN fight back with this class action lawsuit. Lorri Trosper, the advocate for Uber drivers in this lawsuit, selected a class action because it allows a handful of drivers who have been harmed in the same way (here stolen rights and tips) to sue on behalf of all others who were also Uber victims similarly cheated. This large group is “the class” in the class action lawsuit – you can join.
A victory at trial or by settlement will be a win for all drivers. Are you a present or former Uber driver?
Why MahanyLaw – Billion Dollar Experience & Aggressive Lawyers
Billion dollar companies get away with misconduct every single day. Even if someone files a class action lawsuit, the mega-company spends millions on lawyers to crush any opponent with delay, deception and truckloads of paperwork.
Lorri selected MahanyLaw because:
- Experience – Founder Brian Mahany is one of a select few American lawyers with billion dollar case experience. (Billions in settlements and wins quite recently) His brand power causes opponents to take his clients very seriously.
- Lawyers who Care – MahanyLaw attorneys treat clients like family, always. You speak with an experienced lawyer rather than being shuffled to a staff member or inexperienced attorney.
- MahanyLaw Does Not Back Down – Brian Mahany and his team are not looking for a quick settlement or fast fee. They have the resources and drive to take a case to trial against wrongdoers of any size.
If you are or were an Uber driver and would like to speak with an experienced, aggressive, and justice-minded lawyer, give us a call. Your No-Cost, No-Obligation Call is Confidential: 202.800.9791 or Report Online.
Act Quickly to Preserve Your Rights – You May be Entitled to Compensation
There are time limits, called a Statute of Limitations, within which you must make your claim or lose your rights. Call now to learn if you are eligible for compensation and how the process works: 202.800.9791 or Report Online.