Our Massachusetts Whistleblower Lawyers Help You Report Military Contractor Fraud, Healthcare Fraud and Securities Fraud and Maximize Your Cash Award
As leading U.S. False Claims Act attorneys, the MahanyLaw local Massachusetts whistleblower lawyers help those with inside information about fraud against the government to file claims and collect cash whistleblower awards.
Premier U.S. whistleblower lawyer Brian Mahany, with billion-dollar recoveries and multi-million-dollar whistleblower awards to his credit, works with local MA counsel and helps Massachusetts whistleblowers understand the claims process, their rights as whistleblowers and their cash reward eligibility.
MahanyLaw’s local counsel can represent whistleblowers in Boston, Worcester, Springfield, Lowell, Cambridge, New Bedford, Brockton, Quincy, Lynn, Fall River and across the state.
Massachusetts Whistleblowers Could Be Entitled to a Large Cash Reward
Whether you are a Massachusetts executive, investor, accountant, compliance officer, engineer, mechanic, sales representative, pharmacist, physician or other employee, you have first-hand access to potential fraud against government-funded programs. Federal and state False Claims Acts and the SEC whistleblower program pay cash incentives to those who report this “original information.”
Knowledge of various kinds of fraud may earn you a cash award, including:
- Military Contractor Misconduct
- Medicare or Massachusetts Medicaid Fraud
- Securities (SEC) Violations
Whistleblower laws provide for cash awards of up to 30% of the total money the government recovers as a result of your information.
These cash awards are offered to encourage insiders to come forward with information about defense contract overbilling, Massachusetts Medicaid or Medicare fraud, securities fraud or other misconduct against government agencies.
Report Massachusetts Defense Contractor Fraud and Claim Your Cash Award
In 2016, the U.S. Defense Department (DoD) awarded 15,281 defense military contracts worth over $10.3 billion dollars to Massachusetts companies including:
- Raytheon Company
- General Electric Company
- The Mitre Corporation
- Massachusetts Institute of Technology
- General Dynamics Mission Systems Inc.
- Engility Corporation
- The Charles Stark Draper Laboratory Inc.
- Noresco, LLC
- Fresenius Medical Care Holdings Inc.
- Ameresco Inc.
Under federal and state False Claims Acts, defense contractors are prohibited from submitting false claims for payment to the federal government. Massachusetts defense contractor misconduct that violates the federal False Claims Act includes:
- Procurement fraud (cross charging fixed-price to cost-plus)
- Cybersecurity violations
- Truth in Negotiation Act (TINA) violations
- Improper product or materials substitution
- Buy American Violations
- Shifting costs from other contracts to U.S. defense contracts
- Quality assurance violations
- Overbilling for materials, labor or equipment costs
Massachusetts defense contractor whistleblower lawyers work with Brian Mahany and the MahanyLaw team’s and their decades of experience to file the best claim possible.
Cash Whistleblower Awards for Reporting Massachusetts Healthcare Fraud
Healthcare professionals have a duty to report incidents of Massachusetts Medicaid and Medicare fraud. Government healthcare programs rely on physicians, EMT’s, pharmacists, nurses and other health care workers to come forward with knowledge of False Claims Act violations.
Common examples of Medicare and Massachusetts Medicaid fraud include:
- Inflating or otherwise misrepresenting costs
- Billing for services or laboratory tests not performed
- Providing defective services or products
- Providing and billing for unnecessary services
- Unbundling charges
- Double billing
- Billing for brand name prescriptions when supplying generics
- Off-label medical device or drug marketing
- Altering treatment or diagnosis codes to increase reimbursements
- Making or accepting payments for referrals
Brian Mahany and the MahanyLaw local Massachusetts healthcare lawyers can represent clients working with healthcare facilities across the state of Massachusetts, including Massachusetts General Hospital, Charlton Memorial Hospital, Brigham and Women’s Hospital, Baystate Medical Center and Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center.
Maximize Your Massachusetts Securities Fraud Whistleblower Cash Award
Do you suspect a publicly-traded Massachusetts company of securities fraud? Investors, CFO’s, compliance officers, VP’s and other executives who have knowledge of securities or commodities violations resulting in losses of $1 million or more may qualify for a large cash award under the SEC whistleblower program.
Common examples of federal securities laws violations include:
- FCPA violations
- Auditor independence rules violations
- EB-5 investment fraud
- Internal controls deficiencies
- Market manipulation
- Financial filing omissions and misrepresentations
- Insider trading
- Unregistered securities offerings
- Misuse or theft of investor funds
We can represent clients working for publicly-traded companies across the state of Massachusetts, Thermo Fisher Scientific, Biogen Inc., Eversource Energy, Boston Scientific and Boston Properties.
Don’t Wait to Call! Strict Time Limits Apply to Whistleblower Claims
False Claims Act and SEC whistleblower claims must be filed within applicable statutes of limitations. Only the first False Claims Act whistleblower to report fraud is eligible to collect a cash award. With three decades of experience as a government regulator, prosecutor and financial crimes defense lawyer, Brian Mahany and the MahanyLaw team know how to protect your rights and maximize your cash award.